Salesforce Classic and Lightning are two different user interfaces for the Salesforce platform. Here are some of the key differences between them:
Below are the main Differences between Salesforce Classic and Lightning
- User Interface: Classic has a more traditional user interface, while Lightning is designed to be more modern and visually appealing. Lightning has a more streamlined interface with more whitespace, while Classic has a more cluttered interface with less whitespace.
- Navigation: Lightning offers more streamlined navigation and easier access to frequently used features. The navigation bar in Lightning is customizable, whereas in Classic it is fixed.
- Features: Lightning offers more features and capabilities than Classic. For example, Lightning has the ability to create custom apps and pages, whereas Classic does not. Lightning also includes a range of productivity-enhancing features like a customizable dashboard and improved search functionality.
- Mobile Experience: Lightning is optimized for mobile devices, making it easier to use Salesforce on the go. Classic is not optimized for mobile devices, making it more difficult to use on smaller screens.
- Development: Lightning offers a more modern development framework that is easier to work with and provides more flexibility for developers. Classic uses older technology and is more restrictive in terms of customization.
In summary, Lightning offers a more modern, streamlined user experience with more features and flexibility than Classic. While Classic may be more familiar to long-time Salesforce users, Lightning is generally considered to be the future of the platform.